Thinking about Thinking...

PRINCIPLES OF CHARACTER - TRUTHFULNESS

  • I always try to do what is right, even when it's costly or difficult.
  • I am true to my very best self.
  • I live up to the highest ethical standards.
  • I don't comprimise my values by giving in to temptations.
TIPS FOR SHARING YOUR VALUES...

  • Listen to what your child says.
  • Parents, don't count on your child getting accurate information on sex, drugs, and alcohol elsewhere; you must provide not only the information but values as well.
  • Children learn by listening, watching, and imitating.
  • Give your child more than a biology lesson - include how you fell about it.
  • Talk about love, trust, respect, and intimacy.
  • Use words to match the child's age and experience.
  • Look for teaching moments, because most children don't ask parents about sex, drugs, or alcohol.